Monday, January 21, 2013

Monday Minute Deux

Happy Monday! It's a cold, gray, rainy day here today, which means our snow will be gone by the end of the day :(



**Parisians are very similar to Houstonians when it comes to snow. Surprisingly, Paris doesn't get snow very often that sticks around. We were lucky enough to get snow Friday night and Saturday night into Sunday. By Sunday there was a good 4+ inches on the ground. Parisians seems to fall into 2 groups when it comes to snow (at least from our observations):
- love it and proceed to scrape snow off every car or object near them to make snowballs to throw at each other in the street. And I mean everyone, not just kids! I even saw an elderly man making a snowball! Apparently, they're not worried about setting off car alarms!
OR
- not sure what they're supposed to do. People look out their windows with this look on their face like "what do I do in this? It's probably best to stay inside." For those that did go out, we quite enjoyed watching them spin their wheels (no salt or sand on roads here) and even scooters trying to drive on the roads. Quite entertaining. (Houston, we find the same thing entertaining there too.)

**Drying clothes is a very loose term here. The "dryer" doesn't use heat, so things are still damp after the drying cycle. And by damp I mean wet. And by cycle I mean 3 hours. So don't judge when you come to visit and see underwear and socks laying on all my radiators...it's my only way to dry them! (Lucky for you my drying rack is coming tomorrow in the sea shipment. So if you're lucky you might only see shirts laying on the radiator. I'll try to keep it PG :))

No comments:

Post a Comment