Monday, September 16, 2013

MM Seize: A Dr. Visit...in my apartment?

Finally! Another Monday minute, and its a good one!!

Our lazy Sunday started out like any other...but as we were prepping for friends to come over to watch football at night, I started realized I had all the symptoms of a bladder infection.

No problem, you think, just google the closest redi clinic. Ah, but this is France...this is not the US: there's no redi clinic 5 minutes down the road, no urgent care. And it's a Sunday, in France, which means pretty much everything is closed, including the only thing remotely resembling an "urgent care". 

What's a girl to do? Call SOS Medecins, bien sur! An easy phone call to the hotline gets them to send a doctor to your apt in less than an hour. Well, easy minus the whole try and describe your medical problem with broken French.  Ummm "une infection avec les toilettes"...yep just a little awkward!


But, 10 min, yes, 10 min, later the doctor showed up at our apartment. After again struggling to explain my problem in terrible French, he breaks into English!

Let's just say it is much more awkward to take a pee test in your house while the doctor waits in your living room than in a doctor's office.  But after a positive pee test and exam on my couch, he wrote me a prescription for some meds. Also resulting in my only picture from the whole ordeal. 

I have to say I'm a pretty big fan of this service. While its not the cheapest healthcare option in France (especially if you have French health insurance--we do not) it was still less than $100 with no insurance for the most convenient doctor visit ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment